Re: NVDA User Guide doesn't open in default browser

Jacob Kruger

One thought - besides setting a browser as the default browser, you can also, under windows 10, set separate defaults for file types, etc.?

As in, while the default browser could be set to one, there could be separate settings for file types like .htm, .html, etc.?

Jacob Kruger
Blind Biker
Skype: BlindZA

On 2021-01-29 04:22 PM, Brian Vogel wrote:
On Fri, Jan 29, 2021 at 12:42 AM, Louise Pfau wrote:
I haven't subscribed to the chat subgroup, because I get a lot of E-mail from the various groups I'm on.
-
This is not an encouragement (though I would encourage it) for you to join the Chat Subgroup, but for you to learn and use the tools that Groups.io gives you to control the traffic you actually get in your inbox for any/all of the groups you're subscribed to.

Groups.io allows the end user an exquisite level of control over what they do and do not receive as a subscriber to any group.  I wrote this tutorial so that people would have an easy reference guide as to how to control what they get:  Controlling the Messages You Receive via E-Mail from Groups.io (docx)

As Gene has noted, you can use the nomail option for any group and get nothing in your inbox, but can still check out that group on the Groups.io web interface.  You can also set up topic preview (detailed in the tutorial) where you get the first message in any new topic, but unless you choose to follow it, you will not receive any additional messages for that topic.  This can and does cut down on incoming traffic from a group immensely.

       ~ Brian Vogel