Re: NVDA User Guide doesn't open in default browser

I agree, thats the only issue and I have gotten round it,

But maybe will send logs to see whats going weird.

Nothing bar nvda is crashing, so its probably some interaction issue but as I said I have managed to get round it for now anyway.

On 2/02/2021 10:42 am, Gene wrote:
This is a very minor problem and, unless other problems are seen, I don't think it is worth doing all this work to swat a fly.

Gene
-----Original Message----- From: Brian Vogel
Sent: Monday, February 01, 2021 3:39 PM
To: nvda@nvda.groups.io
Subject: Re: [nvda] NVDA User Guide doesn't open in default browser

On Mon, Feb 1, 2021 at 04:12 PM, Sarah k Alawami wrote:
That [NVDA opening HTML files in something other than the default browser] does not seem possible.-
And I'll declare that you are 100% correct.  I can change default browsers and every time I do, if I open the Keyboard Commands Quick Reference it opens in whatever the default browser is.

I stand by my earlier assertion that this is an idiosyncrasy on the machine in question.  And when you see that sort of idiosyncrasy, that is highly suggestive that there are likely to be others not yet encountered.  It makes sense to do one (or if necessary, both), of the following:

Using SFC (System File Checker) and DISM (Deployment Imaging Servicing and Management) to Repair Windows 8 & 10

Doing a Windows 10 Repair Install or Feature Update Using the Windows 10 ISO file