Re: Problems with NVDA and Formulars in MS word

Gene

That's what is telling the screen-reader to use whatever language is specified. There is also a dialect tag. I don't know if they are generally both used, but I've seen complaints from people who go to a web page and their screen-reader suddenly starts speaking with a different English accent.

My understanding is that turning off automatic language switching will stop this behavior.

From: Quentin Christensen
Sent: Monday, February 01, 2021 5:07 PM
To: nvda@nvda.groups.io
Subject: Re: [nvda] Problems with NVDA and Formulars in MS word

If you disable 'Automatic language switching" does it make a difference?

I just had a quick look at the code and for me the only Lang attribute I can find on the page (reading the original message in GMail's web interface) is in the HTML tag itself: <html lang="en">

Very curious.

On Tue, Feb 2, 2021 at 8:33 AM Gene <gsasner@gmail.com> wrote:
It has to do with automatic language switching. HTML identifies the
language being used and if automatic language switching is on in NVDA and
supported by the synthesizer being used, the symthesizer will try to speak
in the language designated in the HTML.

I don't know enough about the setting to discuss turning it off nor which
synthesizers support it.