Re: changing English to Spanish: English accent

Jacob Kruger

Fabian, maybe, depending on content, and if you've set it to something like eSpeak Spanish, under voice settings - NVDA+ctrl+V - try testing differences if Automatic language switching (when supported), and Automatic dialect switching (when supported) checkboxes are turned off - issue there is it might pick up different language encodings, other than the text itself.

Stay well

Jacob Kruger
Blind Biker
Skype: BlindZA

On 2021-02-02 05:26 PM, Fabian Hinostroza wrote:

I got a person who is using NVDA for the first time and she is Spanish speaking. I change her laptop to Spanish and I was able to go NVDA setting and change the language to Spanish. The problem is that when it talks in Spanish it has a heavy English accent and at time reads incorrectly. Do I have to download a add on  or something ?

Fabian Hinostroza
Assistive Technology Instructor
215 East New Hampshire St.
Orlando, FL 32804

Phone: (407) 898-2483 ext. 243
Direct: (407) 982-4069
www.lighthousecfl.org

Charting a course for Living, Learning and Earning with vision loss.  -Lighthouse mission statement.