Excel 365: Adding Note on Cell

Bhavya shah

Dear all,

I am using NVDA 2020.4 Beta 4 and Excel for Microsoft 365 (the offline
app not the web-based interface). I navigated to a cell wherein I
wanted to write a brief remark, pressed the Applications key, and then
pressed Enter on the New Note Add a note about this part of the
document option. This opens up something that NVDA is completely
silent in. Tabbing or arrowing around doesn't help, nor does object
navigation. I have to press Escape and Alt+Tab away and back to the
spreadsheet to get back to the cell, and "has comment" (which comment
I presume would be blank) is reported by NVDA. I would like to
properly access this note/comment editing area so as to actually use
this Excel feature. Is this a known accessibility issue or can it be
resolved? Are there work-arounds?

I would greatly appreciate any assistance.

Thanks.

--
Best Regards
Bhavya Shah