Re: Learning to be efficient with screen review

Sarah k Alawami

I keep stressing that, but I feel like I’m beating a dead horse, or at least a horse that refuses to move. I use screen review all the time and default to that, but that’s because I Have to. I know how to use the other tools, although not perfectly, at least well enough to get around, sometimes much much faster than my sighted counterparts.

From: nvda@nvda.groups.io <nvda@nvda.groups.io> On Behalf Of Brian Vogel
Sent: Wednesday, February 3, 2021 8:54 AM
To: nvda@nvda.groups.io
Subject: Re: [nvda] Learning to be efficient with screen review

Sarah,

          You're a living example of my oft-repeated:  "Tool to task."

           While certain tools are bound to be used far more frequently than others, knowing how to use those others when it's "the only easy way" to access something often means the difference between accessible and inaccessible.

            Knowing how and when each tool is preferable is an excellent skill to acquire.

       ~ Brian Vogel