Re: Excel 365: Adding Note on Cell

Bob Cavanaugh

This sounds like the exact same issue I have with Excel 2016, not 365
using NVDA 2020.3. This was the first post I made to this list back in
December when I joined, and was recommended an alpha build to try to
fix the problem. As that was a few months ago, I would assume that
build has been integrated into 2020.4, though I don't know for sure.
This happens to me any time I use the context menu though. Usually in
my case, I use it to insert and delete cells, and just like the
original message, I have to alt+tab away from and back into the
spreadsheet to get NVDA to speak again. I'm not even sure if 2016 has
the note feature. Either way, I don't use it, but this is a problem
with any action involving the context menu.

On 2/2/21, Bhavya shah <bhavya.shah125@gmail.com> wrote:
Dear all,

I am using NVDA 2020.4 Beta 4 and Excel for Microsoft 365 (the offline
app not the web-based interface). I navigated to a cell wherein I
wanted to write a brief remark, pressed the Applications key, and then
pressed Enter on the New Note Add a note about this part of the
document option. This opens up something that NVDA is completely
silent in. Tabbing or arrowing around doesn't help, nor does object
navigation. I have to press Escape and Alt+Tab away and back to the
spreadsheet to get back to the cell, and "has comment" (which comment
I presume would be blank) is reported by NVDA. I would like to
properly access this note/comment editing area so as to actually use
this Excel feature. Is this a known accessibility issue or can it be
resolved? Are there work-arounds?

I would greatly appreciate any assistance.

Thanks.

--
Best Regards
Bhavya Shah