Re: Excel 365: Adding Note on Cell

Quentin Christensen

Bob,

I think there might be several issues at play here:

1) The original question was around adding notes to cells.  This works if you use the shortcut but not if you do it via the context menu - because we programmed our dialog to be triggered via the shortcut key.

2) I'm not familiar with your context menu query, but other functions should work via the context menu, eg inserting cells, opening format cells, sort, filter, etc. - I didn't trawl through issues extensively, so there may be an issue I'm not familiar with.

If there isn't already an issue for your context menu freeze, then we'd definitely like to explore it further - a debug log replicating the issue would be a great place to start.  Do email me offlist if you want to share a log - info@...

Kind regards

Quentin.

On Thu, Feb 4, 2021 at 5:57 AM Bob Cavanaugh <cavbob1993@...> wrote:
This sounds like the exact same issue I have with Excel 2016, not 365
using NVDA 2020.3. This was the first post I made to this list back in
December when I joined, and was recommended an alpha build to try to
fix the problem. As that was a few months ago, I would assume that
build has been integrated into 2020.4, though I don't know for sure.
This happens to me any time I use the context menu though. Usually in
my case, I use it to insert and delete cells, and just like the
original message, I have to alt+tab away from and back into the
spreadsheet to get NVDA to speak again. I'm not even sure if 2016 has
the note feature. Either way, I don't use it, but this is a problem
with any action involving the context menu.

--
Quentin Christensen
Training and Support Manager