Re: Error-logging and Reporting

Quentin Christensen

It's usually easiest to send the whole log - the information from when NVDA started can provide good background information eg about add-ons or startup settings, and the section around the error will hopefully give useful information.

If you're sending it to us (info@...) then we'll keep it confidential unless we agree otherwise (eg if you're happy for us to create a GitHub issue and which information we'll include).  If you are creating an issue yourself and you're not sure if there is any sensitive information in the log, then do feel free to forward to me and I can check for you.

Kind regards

Quentin.

On Fri, Feb 5, 2021 at 5:37 AM Louise Pfau <louise.pfau@...> wrote:
Hi.  How much of the log do you need to submit when you encounter an error?  I've just installed 2020.4 beta 4, and received the error tone a couple of times.  I haven't been able to replicate the situations yet though.  I red through the information at the end of the log, and I couldn't make sense of it.

Thanks,

Louise

--
Quentin Christensen