Re: NVDA with mainframe terminal emulators

Luke Robinett <blindgroupsluke@...>

We also use Rumba but to be honest I almost never have to interact with it directly. On the few occasions I have attempted it, I found NVDA to be almost useless. As far as I understand, these emulator programs aren’t really displaying text. It’s more like a graphical window pretending to be text. Not sure how NVDA could tackle that other than optical character recognition which wouldn’t be ideal for this purpose. Hope you figure something out. Let us know.

Luke

On Feb 4, 2021, at 3:38 PM, Eric Brinkman <eric.brinkman1@gmail.com> wrote:

We use Rumba at my company.

Eric

On 2/4/21, David Mehler <dave.mehler@gmail.com> wrote:
Hello,

Which program(s) do you use or have you used in the past?

Thanks.
Dave.

On 2/4/21, Eric Brinkman <eric.brinkman1@gmail.com> wrote:
Hi all,

I work as a mainframe programmer and have been using Jaws with Glen
Sepke's terminal scripts to use the terminal emulator at my company.
Have any of you found a way to get NVDA to work well with terminal
emulation programs?

Thanks,
Eric