Well, most email can be done via the web anyway. I agree that
Thunderbird is more efficient, but I didn't start using it until 2017. I
used web-based interfaces from 2003 until then.

On 2/8/2021 6:46 AM, Chris Smart wrote:
True, and that is one reason why I eventually left Eudora.

On 2021-02-08 9:45 a.m., zvonimir stanečić, 9a5dsz wrote:
You need to have the newest versions nowadays, because of the security.

On 2021-02-08 5:37 a.m., Christian Schoepplein wrote:
Hi,

regarding to a presentation at FOSDEM 2021 it is planed to make
Thunderbird more and more a webbased application based on Electron.

I wonder what that means regarding to accessibility in Thunderbird in
general and what other free graphical mailer will be available for
Windows if Thunderbird might become inaccessible or at least very
inefficient regarding to useability when it is a full webbased program.

Is anyone in touch with the Thunderbird developers and can find out
more about their plans and how much they will have accessibility in
mind?

I fear they do not care much about accessibility, so the next question
is what can we do to bring this isue more into the public?

It would be really sad to loose the only really free and good to use
graphical mailer for Windows. AFAIK there are not much alternatives
left then, which is a real shame for such a central and important form
of communication for blind people, especialy in this very challenging
times :-(.

Cheers,

   Schoepp