Re: Thunderbird will become a webbased application - What about accessibility?

On Mon, Feb 8, 2021 at 11:12 AM, Rosemarie Chavarria wrote:
For me, it was much easier to use an email client rather than web-based email.
-
Which could change.  I doubt that Thunderbird is going to "change everything" about its look and feel when it transitions to a webmail platform.

Nothing is so constant as change, and nowhere is change more constant than in the world of computing.  What things were, even a few months ago can, upon occasion, change radically, and sometimes for the better.

Eventually I expect that the e-mail client as we've known it will disappear entirely.  Not tomorrow, nor next week, nor even next year, but eventually.  The direction of travel in applications is going more and more toward web-browser-based/web-based.   There are many huge applications that aren't about the internet that are coded to run using a web browser as their main interface.

       ~ Brian Vogel