Re: Thunderbird will become a web based application - What about accessibility?

Mike Capelle <mcap1000@...>

Or on blindtech.

blindtech+subscribe@groups.io

From: nvda@nvda.groups.io <nvda@nvda.groups.io> On Behalf Of Sarah k Alawami
Sent: Monday, February 8, 2021 6:09 PM
To: nvda@nvda.groups.io
Subject: Re: [nvda] Thunderbird will become a web based application - What about accessibility?

TBird will allow gmail. All you need to do is to put in your stuff it asks for and it will configure the rest. Talk about that on the chat group or on the thunderbird group someone started. Look for it at groups.io or on this list via its archives.

On 2021-02-08 10:25 a.m., Roger Stewart wrote:

> Guess I'll be looking for another email program soon.  Too bad as

> Thunderbird has worked great with nvda for many years.

> Roger

> On 2/8/2021 5:40 AM, William wrote:

>> Oh, I am sad about this news.

>> Christian Schoepplein 8/2/2021 18:37 寫道:

>>> Hi,

>>> regarding to a presentation at FOSDEM 2021 it is planed to make

>>> Thunderbird more and more a webbased application based on Electron.

>>> I wonder what that means regarding to accessibility in Thunderbird

>>> in general and what other free graphical mailer will be available

>>> for Windows if Thunderbird might become inaccessible or at least

>>> very inefficient regarding to useability when it is a full webbased

>>> program.

>>> Is anyone in touch with the Thunderbird developers and can find out

>>> more about their plans and how much they will have accessibility in

>>> mind?

>>> I fear they do not care much about accessibility, so the next

>>> question is what can we do to bring this isue more into the public?

>>> It would be really sad to loose the only really free and good to use

>>> graphical mailer for Windows. AFAIK there are not much alternatives

>>> left then, which is a real shame for such a central and important

>>> form of communication for blind people, especialy in this very

>>> challenging times :-(.

>>> Cheers,