Re: Using NVDA with Zoom Chat: please, let's get this straightened out

Sim Kah Yong

Hello Bob

Let me share my experience:

1.  Update the Zoom desktop client to the latest.

2.  Use the latest NVDA

3.  Install the add-on zoom Enhancement

4. Press NVDA + Shift + A till you hear report all alerts

5. Always make sure the chat panel is open up with Alt + H

With this, I will hear NVDA read out each chat post as soon as it arrives. I can then respond accordingly.

On 2/9/2021 1:48 PM, Bob Cavanaugh wrote:
Hi all,
Can we please get the chats in Zoom streightened out? I have yet to
receive a clear answer, and on the meeting I was on last night, we
talked about a meeting I will be on in a couple of weeks where the
chat feature is likely to be heavily used, and I need to know as soon
as a message comes in that it has done so so that I can respond, as
I'm going to be one of the people leading this thing. When I've asked
this before, the thread has died out without me receiving a clear
answer. I know how to read the chat panel when I know there's stuff in
it, but how do I get NVDA to read messages as soon as they come in?
Bob