happen all the time, Facebook is a good example of that. they used to do
yearly conferences, and every year, they were followed by massive
changes. That doesn't happen in a lot of cases.

On 2/8/2021 10:07 AM, Gene wrote:

It may be that the Thunderbird developers will do this, but I did a
search and I found this being discussed as far back as 2017.  Maybe
they will finally do something like this, but I wonder if it is a
topic that comes up now and then and may not be acted on, at least we
don't know how long it may be.

Gene
-----Original Message----- From: Brian Vogel
Sent: Monday, February 08, 2021 8:43 AM
To: nvda@nvda.groups.io
Subject: Re: [nvda] Thunderbird will become a webbased application -
What about accessibility?

On Mon, Feb 8, 2021 at 05:37 AM, Christian Schoepplein wrote:
I wonder what that means regarding to accessibility in Thunderbird-
I can't imagine why, given Mozilla's track record, that anything they
code would not be accessible (with the occasional bobble).

The conventions for accessible web coding are very well known, and
supported by every screen reader I'm aware of.  It's not that web
applications cannot be accessible, it's that many are not coded with
any consideration given to accessibility.

Provided any web coder is not determined to use "the very latest and
greatest" new coding, which is far less likely on an email client than
other things, I see no reason why it would not be entirely
accessible.  Only time will tell, though.