Re: How to start NVDA on an USB drive automatically

Monte Single

Hi, I think the option to have a program run upon insertion of usb device was discontinued by micro soft  during or after windows xp.

This was for security purposes.

From: nvda@nvda.groups.io <nvda@nvda.groups.io> On Behalf Of Christian Ohrens
Sent: February 9, 2021 11:41 PM
To: nvda@nvda.groups.io
Subject: [nvda] How to start NVDA on an USB drive automatically

Hello all,

As the subject said: I’m looking for a possibility to let a portable version of NVDA run automatically when I insert an USB drive to my computer like the autorun function on CDR.

I’ll get a new computer next week and for setting it up I want to use NVDA. Because I don’t know which letter the USB drive would have, it might be more comfortable if NVDA would run itself after pluggin in the Drive. Would this be possible?

Regards and thanks

Christian