Re: How to start NVDA on an USB drive automatically

hurrikennyandopo ...

Hi Christian

That way of doing it stopped back I think in window 8 or was it seven. they said it was a security risk that Microsoft put into place.

It might of even been earlier.

but there are other ways of starting a portable copy of NVDA from a usb stick on another computer like using narrator etc to start nvda.

If you are interested I do have other ways of starting nvda from a usb stick or cd from off my website at http://www.accessibilitycentral.net/nvda%20audio%20tutorials.htmlhttp://www.accessibilitycentral.net/nvda%20audio%20tutorials.htmlIt will also depend if on a public network there is exe blocking software to stop nvda from runnning.

hope it helps.

Gene nz

On 10/02/2021 6:41 pm, Christian Ohrens wrote:

Hello all,

As the subject said: I’m looking for a possibility to let a portable version of NVDA run automatically when I insert an USB drive to my computer like the autorun function on CDR.

I’ll get a new computer next week and for setting it up I want to use NVDA. Because I don’t know which letter the USB drive would have, it might be more comfortable if NVDA would run itself after pluggin in the Drive. Would this be possible?

Regards and thanks

Christian