Re: How to start NVDA on an USB drive automatically

Hmmm not sure if thats possible.

Because autoruns in viruses could have this, the security in 7 and up was updated to not allow it.

I am unsure how to write an autorun inf file

but I believe its [autorun]

then file=nvda.exe, but of course I am unsure.

I haven't needed to do this for a bit.

On 10/02/2021 6:41 pm, Christian Ohrens wrote:

Hello all,

As the subject said: I’m looking for a possibility to let a portable version of NVDA run automatically when I insert an USB drive to my computer like the autorun function on CDR.

I’ll get a new computer next week and for setting it up I want to use NVDA. Because I don’t know which letter the USB drive would have, it might be more comfortable if NVDA would run itself after pluggin in the Drive. Would this be possible?

Regards and thanks

Christian