locked Re: Prepared to be banned from list, but I'll air my views anyway.

On Wed, Feb 10, 2021 at 09:56 AM, Jaffar Sidek wrote:
Perhaps he doesn't realize that other people too belong to other lists, that messages from those lists came in between the original message and the appropriate replies.
-
This needs to be addressed directly.  That's precisely the reason that the following is included in the group rules, sent out to every new subscriber, and in the monthly reminder message:

In order to make your experience, and those of all other members, as pleasant as they can be, we ask members to follow these practices:

1.  Use threaded or conversation view in your e-mail client program or webmail and reading through the entirety of a topic before replying.  It gets you completely up to speed and avoids a lot of repetition.  If you choose not to use threaded/conversation view, please take the time to read through all messages from the group that are in your inbox prior to adding any reply to the group.  It’s the only way you can be sure you’re up to speed on any topic when not using threaded/conversation view.

2.  Reading through all new topics before replying, as topics have a tendency to get split upon occasion and often an answer ends up being in a separate topic.

---------
Any member who is unwilling or unable to do this is now on notice, again, that it is an expectation of ALL group members ALL the time.

If you cannot, or will not, the previous message quoting the list owner gives clear direction about what you should do.

       ~ Brian Vogel