Re: annoying behavior with speak word

Gene

I really doubt it. It speaks what you have typed since the last time. It isn't programmed to speak the full unit, nor is it aware of it. It only speaks what you typed since you started typing and spaced.

From: Bob Cavanaugh
Sent: Wednesday, February 10, 2021 2:50 PM
To: nvda@nvda.groups.io
Subject: [nvda] annoying behavior with speak word

Hi all,
Is there any way to change the way NVDA speaks when you tell it to
speak words after they are typed? In my last message to the list, I
accidentally typed Outll a couple of times when I meant to type
Outlook. When backspacing to correct my error then finished typing the
word, instead of saying Outlook, it says "ook." Is there any way to
change this?
Bob