Re: NVDA and Outlook messages

Gene

Its worth trying. I don't know if it will solve the problem but it may make some things work better. This may account, in part, for why others aren't describing the same problem.

You can get it here:
https://addons.nvda-project.org/addons/wintenApps.en.html

Gene

-----Original Message-----
Sent: Thursday, February 11, 2021 10:38 AM
To: nvda@nvda.groups.io
Subject: Re: [nvda] NVDA and Outlook messages

Hi Jean,

No, I'm not using the Essentials add-on.

All the best

Steve

--
Computer Room Services
77 Exeter Close
Stevenage
Hertfordshire
SG1 4PW
T: +44(0)1438-742286
M: +44(0)7956-334938
F: +44(0)1438-759589
E: steve@comproom.co.uk
W: https://www.comproom.co.uk

From: nvda@nvda.groups.io <nvda@nvda.groups.io> On Behalf Of Gene
Sent: 11 February 2021 16:23

Also, are you using the Windows Essentials add-on? I have no idea if the add-on applies in this case, but I've seen in list discussions in the past, instances where a problem was solved by someone running it who hadn't before.

Gene
Sent: Thursday, February 11, 2021 9:34 AM

On Thu, Feb 11, 2021 at 10:12 AM, Steve Nutt wrote:
Headings are not exposed, certainly in the newsletter style Emails I both receive and write myself.- As Gene has suggested, having actual examples to examine and work with is the only way this will ultimately be solved.

And this could be another of the many instances where (and this is not a criticism, it may not even be intentional, some tools are weird) if some non-standard way was used of coding the HTML, certain screen readers will handle "confusing situations" more gracefully. If the information is not "perfectly formatted" guesses have to be made, and depending on exactly how that's done one can end up with different results.

This is one of the main reasons for the old truism, "No matter what your favorite screen reader is, you need to have minimal proficiency with another, because there will be times where your favorite does not play well with something you need to access."

And none of the above is to say that there may not be an NVDA bug, but talking about this in the abstract, rather than testing with examples, is no way to determine that.

--

Brian - Windows 10 Pro, 64-Bit, Version 20H2, Build 19042

The depths of denial one can be pushed to by outside forces of disapproval can make you not even recognize yourself to yourself.

~ Brian Vogel

Join nvda@nvda.groups.io to automatically receive all group messages.