Re: Application key is not functioning properly

Gene

Try rebooting and see if the problem disappears. If closing and rerunning NVDA doesn't solve such odd problems, try rebooting. Indeed, rebooting often solves odd problems.

From: silver star siddarth mahajan
Sent: Friday, February 12, 2021 3:36 AM
To: nvda@nvda.groups.io
Subject: [nvda] Application key is not functioning properly

Hello members, this is Siddharth here. Basically, I am not much user of nvda, so I will be not using always. Today I'd just turned on to do some works using nvda, hence I was running an older version, it asked me to update to the latest one. After downloading and installing latest version, my application key is not functioning that how previously it was. If I hit application key on any folder or file, it's not bringing up any options, if I navigate through arrow keys, it simply stays silent. Unfortunately, the same problem is not happening with jaws or narrator at all. So I think there is something to deal with nvda itself.
Tried doing all the basic operations such un installing, resetting, But it didn't fix the issue. Hoping to hear from you all, any help would be appreciated. Thanks.