From: nvda@nvda.groups.io <nvda@nvda.groups.io> On Behalf Of Bob Cavanaugh
Sent: Friday, February 12, 2021 2:16 PM
To: nvda@nvda.groups.io
Subject: [nvda] resource monitor add-on or some other way?

Hi all,
I was on the phone with a technician this morning for about an hour because for the past several months, my computer has been running quite slow. He recommended I replace my hard drive, as he noted the hard drive response time was extremely slow. When we finally hung up, I figured I'd get to my usual daily computer activities, but found what shouldn't have been surprising, my computer was painfully slow.
So, I restarted it, and it turned out it was installing more updates.
Now, performance is back to normal, but I want to continue to monitor my hard drive's response time before I spend the money for a new drive. Is this something the Resource monitor add-on can do, or do I need to do what he did and open task manager? If the latter, how do I get NVDA to read this information?
Bob