Re: resource monitor add-on or some other way?

Bob Cavanaugh <cavbob1993@...>

I just tried that, but it didn't give me the information I was looking
for. The tech indicated that my hard drive response time was being
measured in milliseconds, and that my response times were between
1,000 and 5,000. This was before I restarted and it finished
installing the updates, but I have no idea how to access this
information now. I did, using numpad 4 and 6, find out that my disk
was processing read and write requests 22% of the time, but couldn't
find the response time I'm looking for. I suspect it downloading
updates had a lot to do with the slow performance earlier, as once I
restarted it, it was running fine.

I don't think it's something Resource Monitor can obtain easily (the add-on
uses Psutil, a process, disk, and CPU usage information library and I don't
believe this library has what's needed to show you what's commonly called
"disk activity" or throughput).
As an alternative, you can obtain disk usage info through Task Manager:
1. Open Task Manager (Control+Shift+Escape).
2. If not done so, select "more details".
3. Go to "performance" tab.
4. Under Performance, select the disk you wish to see its activity. You can
then use object navigation or screen review to view disk usage information
(screen review won't work on portable NVDA).
Cheers,
Joseph