Re: resource monitor add-on or some other way?

Sarah k Alawami

Also crystal disk will also help. I just used it to runa health check of my drive and it is very healthy.

Take care

On 12 Feb 2021, at 15:22, Brian Vogel wrote:

If you are having slowness secondary to hard disk drive performance, you need to proceed with great caution, and run a utility that lets you know the actual condition of your HDD.

Are any of the SMART parameters showing that something's off?  (I don't care what you might use to get them).

What does a utility like SeaTools for Windows (and I can't speak to accessibility, and it will work for non-Seagate branded drives) tell you about the health of your drive if you run the short test?

You could very well have a HDD that's on its way out.  If so, you do not want to wait for it to fail.

       ~ Brian Vogel