Re: resource monitor add-on or some other way?

Sarah k Alawami

Also crystal disk will also help. I just used it to runa health check of my drive and it is very healthy.

Take care

--

Sarah Alawami, owner of TFFP. . For more info go to our website.

Check out my adventures with a shadow machine.

to subscribe to the feed click here and you can also follow us on twitter

Our discord is where you will know when we go live on twitch. Feel free to give the channel a follow and see what is up there.

For stream archives, products you can buy and more visit my main lbry page and my tffp lbry page You will also be able to buy some of my products and eBooks there.

Finally, to become a patron and help support the podcast go here

On 12 Feb 2021, at 15:22, Brian Vogel wrote:

If you are having slowness secondary to hard disk drive performance, you need to proceed with great caution, and run a utility that lets you know the actual condition of your HDD.

Are any of the SMART parameters showing that something's off?  (I don't care what you might use to get them).

What does a utility like SeaTools for Windows (and I can't speak to accessibility, and it will work for non-Seagate branded drives) tell you about the health of your drive if you run the short test?

You could very well have a HDD that's on its way out.  If so, you do not want to wait for it to fail.
--

Brian - Windows 10 Pro, 64-Bit, Version 20H2, Build 19042  

The depths of denial one can be pushed to by outside forces of disapproval can make you not even recognize yourself to yourself.

~ Brian Vogel

Join nvda@nvda.groups.io to automatically receive all group messages.