Re: Changing from JAWS 2018 to NVDA, some general questions

Gene

Can't you do the equivalent with object navigation, that is, work with touch apps, even though the interface is different? That is my understanding. I don't know if you can do everything, but people use touch applications and I think that sometimes or perhaps often, object navigation is used.

From: Ali Savas
Sent: Friday, February 12, 2021 3:47 PM
To: nvda@nvda.groups.io
Subject: Re: [nvda] Changing from JAWS 2018 to NVDA, some general questions

Hi Christian,

there is nothing like the JAWS cursor in NVDA, but you can navigate
through the windows using the object cursor. With Numpad-0+4 or -6 you
can navigate between the objects. With Numpad-0+2 or 8 you can change
the hierarchy.

Additionally there is the screen viewer (Numpad-0+7). Once activated,
you can navigate line by line with numpad-4 and numpad-6. You can switch
back to object navigation by pressing Numpad-0+1.

Many greetings
Ali