Re: Reporting a false positive finding in Windows Security using NVDA

Sarah k Alawami

Yep, this is how I reported Scarlet Shells, and other products and stuff I use. They have fixed them in later updates of defender. I even submitted false positives in regard to the auto pilot app all of us are helping to work on. They fixed that as well. So all in all submitting a sample manually is the way to go if you can.

From: nvda@nvda.groups.io <nvda@nvda.groups.io> On Behalf Of enes saribas
Sent: Sunday, February 14, 2021 12:47 AM
To: nvda@nvda.groups.io
Subject: Re: [nvda] Reporting a false positive finding in Windows Security using NVDA

There is actually a submit a sample page, where you check false posetive.The link is.

https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/wdsi/filesubmission

On 2/13/2021 5:59 PM, Brian Vogel wrote:

I've used the Feedback Hub for this purpose in the past, as there's a category for Windows Security (or maybe Windows Defender).

The only other thing I can recommend is using the Give us feedback link on the Protection History page of Virus & Threat Protection of Windows Security.

       ~ Brian Vogel