Re: Reporting a false positive finding in Windows Security using NVDA

On Sun, Feb 14, 2021 at 04:09 PM, enes sarıbaş wrote:
The submission URL requires an MS account to track submissions and the process of filling out all the info is rather tedious.
-
A) The submission process for anything of this sort, Microsoft or not, is tedious.  (And I'm not disagreeing with you, just pointing out it's ubiquitous).

B) Though MS could conceivably drop the need for an MS-Account for tracking purposes, I can understand in this day and age why they won't.  I haven't been able to "contact tech support" or "contact customer support" for virtually any entity, for years now, without having first created an account for doing so.  You do not have to use your Microsoft Account as part of a Microsoft Account linked Windows 10 User Account, either.  You can work from a local account, but when you need to submit feedback (regardless of mechanism) that requires the MS account, enter the credentials then.

C) They kinda sorta do have it in the app, via the link I previously mentioned, which opens the Feedback Hub to where you can give feedback and all the appropriate categories are already populated for you.  It's not a direct link like the file submission link, but you can submit files, screenshots, and the like via the Feedback Hub.  I did my false positive reporting this way, and one of them was fixed in less than 24 hours.

I do wish they had, as part of the Protection History Pane, an option in the dropdown for a detection that was something like, "Report false positive," when you believe that's what you have.  It would make life so much easier, as the file in question is already known and quarantined, and they could easily automate the snagging and submission of the sample.

       ~ Brian Vogel