Re: Reporting a false positive finding in Windows Security using NVDA

On Sun, Feb 14, 2021 at 06:53 PM, enes sarıbaş wrote:
the issue I feel here is that microsoft requires a sign in into an account, whereas most av vendors only require the e-mail and that's it for tracking.
-
I have no issue with requiring a Microsoft Account.  As I noted, a very great many software makers require same for using any sort of communication mechanism for them.  This is no longer unusual, nor particularly onerous, in my opinion.

And, as I already said, Feedback Hub when I last used it to report a False Positive did not require either of the things you mention, and I imagine it can and probably does query the definition version on its own, but there's no way I can prove that.

You have chosen a very specific method, the Microsoft Submit a file for malware analysis page, and don't seem to like it.  You don't have to use that mechanism for submission.  Use another one, as it's been identified.  No one is forcing you to stick with one you don't like.  You may not like using the Feedback Hub, either, but I have zero sympathy with regard to the previously noted page, as it's not, and never has been, the one and only way to report a false positive.

       ~ Brian Vogel