NVDA used to perform so that if I issued ctrl+home and then started tabbing down the page it started moving down the page from the top of the page.  Now it starts tabbing from where I was when I issued the ctrl+home.

This happens in the opposite way for issuing the ctrl+end keystroke.

Dan Beaver

On 2/14/2021 10:51 PM, Gene wrote:
If you are saying that pages act as you expect generally, that may support my guess that you are discussing a small number of pages where the underlying page doesn't synchronize with where the brows mode virtual cursor is when you move around.  I don't know if that is just a problem with NVDA or what might be done about it.  I don't recall if I saw that behavior with other screen-readers, having used NVDA for a number of years.  But, as I said, using k and control k may work around the problem.

Gene
-----Original Message----- From: Dan Beaver
Sent: Sunday, February 14, 2021 7:12 PM
To: nvda@nvda.groups.io
Subject: Re: [nvda] an oddity with moving to top or bottom of web page and then tabbing

It seems to be all web pages as far as I can tell.  I wondered if it was specific pages but I can't find any that act as I had previously expected.

Thanks.

Dan Beaver

Is this on web pages in general or just this or that page?  There are pages where browse mode doesn't line up properly with where you are on the page and tabbing, which seems to move more in conformance to where forms mode, or the underlying page is when the two diverge, may result in you losing your place.  I'm not sure if there is a general problem that needs to be addressed.  But if you want to move by links, use k and control k.  K to move forward and control k to move back.  You will be where you expect.

Sent: Sunday, February 14, 2021 5:20 PM
To: nvda@nvda.groups.io

I have been bothered with this for a while but finally figured out what was happening.

If I am on a web page and I move down through the page I hear normal info. However, if I press ctrl+home or ctrl+end to move to the top or bottom of the page and then press tab or shift+tab to move through the links and other controls it moves from where I was before issuing ctrl+home or end not from the top or bottom of the page where ever I am at the time.

Sorry, that was a terribly long explanation and probably confusing as all get out.

I expected that once I press ctrl+home and do tabs it would move from the top of the page through the controls not from where I was when I issued the ctrl+home.

It does the same thing if issuing ctrl+end and then tabbing or shift+tabbing.

Is this something that can be fixed?

-- Dan Beaver (KA4DAN)

-- Dan Beaver (KA4DAN)

--