Re: NVDA goes mad

Gene

I don't say a setting is bad just because I don't like it. I say it is bad because it leads to unanticipated trouble for people and most people don't even know about it in case they would want to change it.

I discuss the setting now and then when something comes up where it either causes or is likely to cause a problem. I gave a concrete example of where it can cause a serious ;problem based on my own experience.

If something being discussed raises the issue as in this thread, and I discuss it perhaps three or four months apart, that serves a purpose because a lot of people skip various messages and may not know about the issue. It may save some people from problems, perhaps serious ones.

And in one of the follow-up messages, another list member demonstrates how exactly the opposite of what is intended may occur if you follow a generally followed trouble shooting method, that is, closing and rerunning the browser. a lot of people won't know that changed settings will be automatically saved.

Gene

-----Original Message-----
Sent: Monday, February 15, 2021 9:49 AM
To: nvda@nvda.groups.io
Subject: Re: [nvda] NVDA goes mad

On Mon, Feb 15, 2021 at 06:30 AM, Gene wrote:
Automatically save on exit is a just plain bad default setting.-
Gene, every default you do not like is not "bad" just because you do not like it. This song is getting very, very old, and has been repeated ad nauseam.

No matter what default is chosen, someone is going to love it, someone is going to hate it, and most aren't going to care until or unless they're caught unaware, regardless of exactly how they're caught unaware.

Every one of your complaints is about how it doesn't suit you. That really doesn't make it bad.

--

Brian - Windows 10 Pro, 64-Bit, Version 20H2, Build 19042

The depths of denial one can be pushed to by outside forces of disapproval can make you not even recognize yourself to yourself.

~ Brian Vogel

Join nvda@nvda.groups.io to automatically receive all group messages.