windows 10 Pro - Check for updates - NVDA goes silent in dialog with mouse over

Russell James

Greetings,

Using Windows 10 Pro on a desktop
Version 10.0.19042 Build 19042

With NVDA
version 2020.3

Sometimes when I check for updates, after the dialog is presented,  NVDA will announce the last check for updates and then go silent
If I mouse over content in the dialog it remains silent
If I mouse over content outside the dialog it will be spoken.

If I restart NVDA it starts speaking content in the dialog with mouse over

Using a physical mouse connected via USB

While checking the NVDA version I noticed in the menu an entry that indicated install pending update
However, when I activate that entry the menu goes away and nothing seems to happen

When I go to help and check for updates it indicates there are none available

Thank you

Russ