Re: NVDA goes mad

Kevin Cussick

No agreed, Narrator is not the crappy screen reader it used to be it really is not but i just need to be a bit more disciplined and put some time off to play with it.

On 15/02/2021 22:05, Brian Vogel wrote:
On Mon, Feb 15, 2021 at 04:49 PM, Kevin Cussick wrote:
just keep using Nvda. but at some point I really really should play
with Narrator.
-
And I want to emphasize I am in no way proposing that anyone stop using NVDA.
That being said, I don't care what any individual's screen reader of choice happens to be, there's a need to be minimally comptetent with another since there will be occasions where the favorite just doesn't behave well with something.
Unless one's favored/favorite screen reader were to be Narrator, it makes sense for it to be a preferred second choice since it is a part of Windows 10.  You know it's always there to call upon.  And if Narrator is one's favored screen reader, it makes abundant sense for NVDA to be one's chosen second choice.  No one's going to invest in a JAWS license for "every once in a great while/in a pinch" use.
/Any idiot can face a crisis. It's the day-to-day living that wears you out./
      ~ Anton Chekhov