Re: MixPad and WavePad - NCH Software

JM Casey

Yeah..I have played with it a bit myself. But when my recently imploded band recorded our stuff, we used Cubase and I didn’t do the daw work – and I’m one of those people who bought Goldwave and, it suits my personal audio editing needs somewhat better though it is not a multi-track editor. So I haven’t really touched Audacity in years.

From: nvda@nvda.groups.io <nvda@nvda.groups.io> On Behalf Of Brian Vogel
Sent: February 18, 2021 01:23 PM
To: nvda@nvda.groups.io
Subject: Re: [nvda] MixPad and WavePad - NCH Software

On Thu, Feb 18, 2021 at 01:10 PM, JM Casey wrote:

But, of course, Audacity is free.

-
Ding, ding, ding!!   It's also accessible and it's also powerful.  Unless you're a professional who's doing this stuff constantly, which I am not, Audacity gives you tools you can't get otherwise without cost, and the tradeoffs with speed and "beauty of UI" are more than worth it, at least to me.

There are lots of screen reader users, regardless of whether it's NVDA or another, that use Audacity because of its accesibility in every sense of the word.

      ~ Anton Chekhov