Re: Browse Dialogs with NVDA

Part of the issue here is that each folder can have its own settings, or they can be applied to all folders, no matter what.

On 2/19/2021 1:50 PM, Bob Cavanaugh wrote:
Hi all,
Okay, let's see if the third forum I post to is finally going to help
me solve this problem. First off a little background, about 15 months
ago after a Windows update, my downloads folder started being sorted
by date. It wasn't until just recently that I realized that it was
actually grouping by date before sorting by name. That being said,
right away I posted on the Microsoft help community and was told to
set the group by option in file explorer to none. I did that, and got
my downloads folder sorted by name again within file explorer.
However, when I go to open a file within an app such as Audacity, the
downloads folder is still grouped. So, the other day I finally decided
to try and fix this with another post on the Microsoft help community.
I was directed to the Windows 10 help forums, where it was pointed out
that there's a more options button within the mini explorers that
allows grouping to be turned off there, but normal keyboard commands
seemingly can't be used to access it. Can anyone help me out with
this? Btw, I updated to NVDA 2020.4 last night.
Bob