Re: new member to the group.

Jim,

          If you are already a JAWS user I believe you'll find NVDA very easy to use, as there are many, many commands that overlap.  There are some that don't, and getting those clear in your mind can take a bit.

          My introduction to NVDA was through using it as a surrogate for JAWS when I was tutoring JAWS.  The Virginia Department for the Blind and Visually Impaired was not about to buy me a license, and often my testing and digging required more than 40 minutes, so I started using NVDA when I wanted to do certain things "at my leisure."

           While the transition is not absolutely seamless, it's really not all that difficult, either.

      ~ Anton Chekhov