Re: Browse Dialogs with NVDA

On Fri, Feb 19, 2021 at 04:39 PM, Sarah k Alawami wrote:
Actually I don't think it is called a browse dialogue.
-
And, as you've now been told twice, they are.  The reason you're browsing is irrelevant as far as the overarching term, browse dialog goes.  There's nothing wrong with saying Open Dialog, Save Dialog, or Save As dialog (among a number of potential others), as that tells you exactly what's being done.  But all of those are, as a class, browse dialogs, because you're either browsing for a file to open/upload if it already exists, or a folder for a save if the file is new (where you give it a name, too), or a save as if you wish to save something that already exists with a different name in either the same folder or other folder.

I actually most often use the more specific term when I know exactly what's being done, but when talking about the class, it's browse dialog.

      ~ Anton Chekhov