Re: Browse Dialogs with NVDA

On Fri, Feb 19, 2021 at 09:46 PM, Patrick Le Baudour wrote:
I've had the problem several times, I just never use grouping in explorer, but after several windows updates the download folder got brouped by date both in explorer and browse dialogs, so i had to reset it to none every time.
-
No one, least of all me, has claimed that Microsoft did not introduce the grouping by date in Downloads as part of a cumulative update (if memory serves).  It absolutely did, and many have posted the easy, and specific instructions for undoing that in this very venue.

It does not explain, in any way, why this would show up in a browse dialog when the folder being browsed is not set with grouping on.

I'm not attempting to claim that it's not happening, either, but it is absolutely an abberation if it is.  The longer this topic has gone on, the more I believe that the following should be tried, in order.  If SFC/DISM fixes it, then stop.

Using SFC (System File Checker) and DISM (Deployment Imaging Servicing and Management) to Repair Windows 8 & 10

Doing a Windows 10 Repair Install or Feature Update Using the Windows 10 ISO file

      ~ Anton Chekhov