Re: Oddity With NVDA And Thunderbird with Inbox status Line

Ron Canazzi

Hi Dan,

I would have used the dictionary of some sort if I could actually isolate the odd figure/oration. But with Mozilla Thunderbird as well as Firefox, you can't isolate this item using the screen review or object review feature. When you switch to those modes and try moving to the status line where this odd character appears, all you get is 'blank' reported.

On 2/21/2021 3:57 PM, Dan Beaver wrote:

Yep, I have this behavior too.

wonder if there is a way to stop this using the pronunciation dictionary.  It isn't a big show stopper for me but it would lessen the verbiage spoken.

Dan Beaver

On 2/21/2021 1:55 PM, Ron Canazzi wrote:
Hi Group,

This issue began with the latest version of NVDA version 2020.4. When I voe to the Tree View of folders using the F6 key and arrow up and down I hear something like 'inbox fill down pointing small tirangle' followed by the number of unread messages in the folder. This is with sub foldrs located under the inbox and with the tree branch closed with the left arrow.

Does anyone else experience anything like this? This occurs with all installed synthesizers and voices and with variation of punctuation with all, some, most and characters. It stops only when I turn punctuation to none.

--
Dan Beaver (KA4DAN)

--
They Ask Me If I'm Happy; I say Yes.