Re: new member to the group.

Gene

I found a correct link by a Google search.  I tested it before I sent it.  It may be that I didn't copy the correct link or that for some reason, the link was the incorrect one because the new link wasn't copied when I issued the command.

Sent: Monday, February 22, 2021 1:03 AM
Subject: Re: [nvda] new member to the group.

Gene,

Where did you find that link?  I hadn't come across that site before, and its link to the original article is wrong.

The current Switching from Jaws to NVDA guide is here: https://github.com/nvaccess/nvda-community/wiki/SwitchingFromJawsToNVDA and has been updated since that other page was posted.

On Sat, Feb 20, 2021 at 7:54 AM Gene <gsasner@...> wrote:
What makesit look hard to use.  A good deal of what a lot of users do
involves Windows and program commands.  You can do quite a bit if you use a
different screen-reader even if you know nothing about the screen-reader
except for a few commands like read title bar.

As far ass an introduction to NVDA as a JAWS user is concerned, see this
page:
https://gttprogram.blog/2018/12/20/switching-from-jaws-to-nvda-nvaccess-nvda-community-wiki-%C2%B7-github/