Re: Oddity With NVDA And Thunderbird with Inbox status Line

Ron Canazzi

Hi Brian and Group,

Well I was not able to find the single character anywhere by myself. Brian somehow found it somewhere.  In his last message, I copied it and used the speech dictionary to add it and redefine it under the single character setting as unread.  After all this speculation, that seems to have worked.

This issue started with the same Thunderbird that I was using prior to the upgrade to NVDA 2020.4.  So I wouldn't think it was a Thunderbird issue solely.

On 2/21/2021 5:25 PM, Brian Vogel wrote:
Even curiouser, when I'm having NVDA read my immediately prior message, in the web interface, it is saying "teeny tiny down arrow" for that character.

But when I continue on to the one previous to that, when it hits it it announces, "fill down pointing small triangle."

This is really, really weird.  Really weird!

      ~ Anton Chekhov

--
They Ask Me If I'm Happy; I say Yes.
They ask: "How Happy are You?"