Re: new member to the group.

Quentin Christensen

Sorry, what I meant to say was the page you linked to comes up, but it's not the official page.  One of the first things on the page is a link to the original document they borrowed, but it's an old link which doesn't work.  The page you linked to is dated 2018, so I was suggesting using the official page at: https://github.com/nvaccess/nvda-community/wiki/SwitchingFromJawsToNVDA which is likely more up to date.

Quentin.

On Mon, Feb 22, 2021 at 7:39 PM Gene <gsasner@...> wrote:
I just tried the link and it works.  this appears to be a case where the link may need to be pasted into the browser's address field and not just clicked on.  That's how I tested it now, by pasting it.

I test links before I send them if I find them in searches and this one worked when I tested it by clicking on it as a Google result.  However, based on what you say, I suspect the actual page presents a newer version.

Sent: Monday, February 22, 2021 1:03 AM
Subject: Re: [nvda] new member to the group.

Gene,

Where did you find that link?  I hadn't come across that site before, and its link to the original article is wrong.

The current Switching from Jaws to NVDA guide is here: https://github.com/nvaccess/nvda-community/wiki/SwitchingFromJawsToNVDA and has been updated since that other page was posted.

On Sat, Feb 20, 2021 at 7:54 AM Gene <gsasner@...> wrote:
What makesit look hard to use.  A good deal of what a lot of users do
involves Windows and program commands.  You can do quite a bit if you use a
different screen-reader even if you know nothing about the screen-reader
except for a few commands like read title bar.

As far ass an introduction to NVDA as a JAWS user is concerned, see this
page:
https://gttprogram.blog/2018/12/20/switching-from-jaws-to-nvda-nvaccess-nvda-community-wiki-%C2%B7-github/