Re: problem filling out web form

Sarah k Alawami

I've seen this issue. I. have to restart nvda every single time this happens. I did report it on github about a month or 2 ago. Basically what I think happens is you cannot hear what you have tyhped, it looks like ti si frozen but you can select the text and read it that way, right?

On 22 Feb 2021, at 16:01, Brian Vogel wrote:

On Mon, Feb 22, 2021 at 06:57 PM, Don H wrote:
Having to use the escape to get the next edit box to read is not a big issue but when you are typing in a large comment as part of the web form and you can not review what you have typed is a real problem.
-
Tab out, shift tab back in (or use a method of your choosing to exit the edit box, then jump right back in to it).  It's a workaround when the problem arises, but a simple one that I have yet to see not work.

And as you've just noted, this seems to be something about how at least one Chromium-based browser does things, and those use a very different rendering engine than Firefox does, which could account for the difference.

I'm not saying this shouldn't be looked into, but there is a quick and easy workaround.

      ~ Anton Chekhov