Re: Zoom Enhancements add-on

Sarah k Alawami

I just shift tab and read each message. You can also with the add on hit I think it’s alt 1 to alt 0. Read the documentation that ships with said add on or using the nvda add on documentation add on. That last sentence was not supposed to be a tongue twister.

From: nvda@nvda.groups.io <nvda@nvda.groups.io> On Behalf Of Bob Cavanaugh
Sent: Tuesday, February 23, 2021 6:01 PM
To: nvda@nvda.groups.io
Subject: Re: [nvda] Zoom Enhancements add-on

In most cases, the meetings I attend and have very few chat messages as well, but this particular meeting we will be using the chat feature much more, or at least that’s what it appeared, though we did not use it as much on Sunday as I thought we would. As for interacting with the chat window though, I am not sure why anyone is suggesting changing the way that works, as I find the chat window it’s self fairly accessible, but I have no idea when to check it because I am not alerted when a message arrives.

On Feb 23, 2021, at 2:58 PM, Gene <gsasner@...> wrote:

I think it is important to think about what the feature should do and how it can be adjusted.  I would think that, in many cases, hearing messages read as they come in would be distracting.  It might be a good idea to give a number of ways the user can know when a message comes in.  A tone might be one way.  Perhaps having the first line read might be another, and a third might be having the whole message read.  The meetings I attend have very few messages so I haven't been able to play with the interface much.  Those who do may have mor suggestions, such as a command to skip from message to message or maybe use some sort of commands such as NVDA key and numbers on the main keyboard to jump to messages and a way to read the message you jump to.  But I would think that just having information read out as it comes in would be far to restrictive in terms of what people might want, depending on circumstances.