Re: Finding in MS Word

Andre Fisher

The NVDA Find command only works in Browse mode, as stated in the user
guide. Press NVDA+Space, then NVDA+Control+F to use the NVDA Find
dialog in Word.

On 9/8/16, mohammad suliman <mohmad.s93@gmail.com> wrote:
I can confirm this also. Windows 7 and office 2010
here are some tips to work with the find functionality of word 2010:

- hit ctrl + f to go to the search field
- enter the term you wish to search for, and hit enter
- use f6 (several times, maybe 3) to get back to the document, where the
first result is focused
- to go to next / previous search result: hit f6, the focus will jump to
the navigation toolbar, from there click previous / next search result
- again, use f6, several times, as needed, to get back to the document
where the search result is focused

I don't know the shortcuts for previous / next search result, sorry!
hope that helps!

On Fri, 9 Sep 2016 at 01:11 kelby carlson <kelbycarlson@gmail.com> wrote:

This is something that's pretty important for me to be able to do for
work (I suspect that's the case for many here.) If anyone has the
solution I would appreciate it.

I can confirm that I am not having any luck invoking the NVDA find via
INS+CTRL+F at this point in time using Windows 10 64-bit home, the
latest
build of NVDA - 2016.3, and Microsoft Word 2010.

This has not been the case in the past and I don't think I'm doing
anything
differently than I had been before. I have, regardless of screen
reader,
had many instances where I didn't seem to get the screen reader find
with
INS+CTRL+F but generally would on a subsequent try. Not in this case.
smell a possible bug.

I worry a lot. . . I worry that no matter how cynical you become it's
never
enough to keep up.
~ Trudy, in Jane Wagner's "Search for Signs of Intelligent
Life
in
the Universe"