Re: Getting started with HyperV using NVDA

Bob Cavanaugh <cavbob1993@...>

I used VmWare when I took a networking class a few years ago and found
it quite easy to use. I'd need a refresher on some of its commands now
as it's been about five years since I've used it, but I found it quite
usable with NVDA. I'll mention the problems I had with it even though
they have nothing to do with VmWare itself:
1. This could be a problem with any virtual machine, there are so many
files associated with it that I had a hard time figuring out which
file to open in order to start the machine.
2. Once the machines were configured, I needed sighted assistance to
install a screen reader. When I did get NVDA installed in Server 2008,
the sound device was disabled, so we had to change that in order to
get NVDA to work.

On 2/27/21, molly the blind tech lover <brainardmolly@gmail.com> wrote:
Hi.
I am actually using VMware work station pro for my computer networking class
right now.
I am not familiar with HyperV but I was hoping to hear of another blind
person's experiences with VMware work station as I don't know anyone else
who uses it.
Now that my professor fixed it so that the virtual machines appear in the
list of tabs I find VMware work station much easier to use.
I can press alt t and see the virtual machines in the list of tabs.
If I press enter on one I can then press control b to power it on.