Re: Most Responsive and Accessible Version of Microsoft Word

Bhavya shah

Dear David and Chris,

Interestingly, I use a mixture of ESpeak-NG and IBM Eloquence myself,
switching between the two from time to time. I think it is unlikely
that this issue has to do with the speech engine, because latency
therein would appear in more than just Word, unlike the Word-specific
lags I am encountering. In terms of specs, my laptop has 16 gb DDR4
RAM and an Intel I7 10th gen CPU. The lag I am talking about is,
approximately, of several hundred milliseconds, and occurs to varying
degrees during character, line as well as paragraph navigation
(non-exhaustive list). However, I ran the COM registration fixing tool
to no effect, but then restarted with add-ons disabled, and I think
there has been a noticeable change in performance. I would like to
measure this quantitatively so that I can detect changes with sureity
rather than by the sense I get; I understand information about time
after gesture for speech used to be recorded at one point in the Log
Viewer, though it does not seem to be anymore. This is a deviation
from my original question, but could someone please guide me as to how
to find out the exact time it takes for NVDA to speak after an input?

Thanks.

On 2/28/21, Chris Smart <ve3rwj@winsystem.org> wrote:
Strangely, I see even faster performance with a particular version of
IBM Eloquence than with eSpeak. Both are very snappy indeed though, and
we're talking only a few milliseconds difference here.

--
Best Regards
Bhavya Shah