Re: learning python

Devin Prater

The only thing I could see needing some tutoring is the code editor, VS Code or Notepad Plus plus, and using a keyboard only approach to using the editor, and using less-than and greater-than instead of left angle bracket and right angle bracket.

On 3/1/21 10:01 AM, Brian Vogel wrote:
On Mon, Mar 1, 2021 at 04:36 AM, Sascha Cowley wrote:
I fail to see why one would need the tutorial to be targeted specifically at blind people.
-
Amen to that, and not just in this context.   Very little about learning a programming language, or new program, or how Windows does something, is related to your visual status nor to your screen reader of preference.

And any screen reader user should know that "double click" means "select and activate" and "right click" means "select and bring up the context menu by the method of your choosing."

There's a lot more material out there that wasn't written with a screen reader user in mind that should be instantly understandable by anyone who does use one.

      ~ Anton Chekhov