Re: learning python

On Mon, Mar 1, 2021 at 11:46 AM, Devin Prater wrote:
The only thing I could see needing some tutoring is the code editor, VS Code or Notepad Plus plus, and using a keyboard only approach to using the editor, and using less-than and greater-than instead of left angle bracket and right angle bracket.
-
Agreed.  But that has nothing to do, really, with learning Python.

And needing to learn the keyboard commands for any new piece of software you might be using is just a standard part of the procedure at all times, and has to do with that piece of software, not NVDA.

I'm not sure what you mean by the angle bracket part, as to me left angle bracket is synonymous with the less than sign and right angle bracket synonymous with greater than sign when it comes to a keyboard.  The terminology any given set of instructions might use for these will differ.  Of course, if you are initially unfamiliar with the interchangeability then you learn that very quickly.

But I've drifted way, way off of NVDA, and the entire topic was never really about NVDA.  I'd ask that this be taken to the NVDA Chat Subgroup or any of several other more appropriate venues that have already been mentioned.  The fact that NVDA is coded in Python doesn't make learning Python related to NVDA in the sense laid out in the group description or rules.

      ~ Anton Chekhov