Re: Getting started with HyperV using NVDA

Russell James

Someone I know said that you may get audio support on Hyper V if you use MS RDP and connect to the Hyper V that way

On Sat, Feb 27, 2021 at 5:29 PM Russell James via groups.io <4rjames=gmail.com@groups.io> wrote:
Thanks for starting this conversation!

I didn't know audio was not supported with Hyper V!
If this really is not possible this is a huge problem.

Another thing that is a problem is connection to USB devices from Hyper V

I wonder how the Windows license works with Hyper V...

I've used Virtual Box for many things over the years
Those are not a problem for VBOX.
It has a CLI for the manager if the GUI does not address your needs.

Some day I'd like to use VMWare
However, VBOX is free!

I tried to take a course on Coursera that used some sort of VM in the cloud
I could tell it was a Windows VM and I got NVDA installed
I couldn't figure out how to make the audio work
I contacted support and never got a resolution...
Maybe that was based on Hyper V...

Russ

On Sat, Feb 27, 2021 at 4:42 PM molly the blind tech lover <brainardmolly@...> wrote:
I had the same problem in regards to the sound being disabled.
I also required sighted assistance in installing NVDA on the virtual machine.
I now have 2 clones I made from the main virtual machine, both of which have NVDA.